Saturday, March 13, 2010

HELP

HELP

I'm stuck. I don't know if I should concentrate on Jenny Saville or Jessica Lagunas. Lagunas is the woman who did the videos of her putting on makeup (lipstick all over face and chin) and she also did series on menstrual blood, dotted pretty patterns on clothing, dresses, mattresses. Another thing she did was a video of her plucking her pubic hair, called, "return to puberty".

I'm torn because Saville is interesting because it's through paint, medium we haven't talked about, and Lagunas because her videos are extremely unsettling...grooming and aesthetics of women (excluding the menstrual patterns)
they both are involved with beauty and ideals....
which one do you guys think I should do?

1 comment:

  1. I second Emma's suggestion; do one for our project, and then one for your research paper. Pick the one with better images available for the presentation ;)

    ReplyDelete